When a new managed tenancy starts, you will need to frst create the tenancy record, then Activate the tenancy. This will automatically create the first Rent Demand and Landlord Invoice.
- Create the tenancy and make sure all the rent, deposit and management fee information is correct
- Activate the tenancy - this will create the deposit invoice, rent demand and landlord invoice
- When the tenant pays the rent, pay off the rent demand (Accounts, Receive Rent Payments) and deposit invoice (Accounts, Unpaid Deposit Invoices)
- Pay off the landlord invoice (Accounts, Pay Landlord Invoices)
- Create the landlord statement (Accounts, Landlord Statements Due)
If the tenancy is Let Only then no invoices will be automatically produced as part of the tenancy activation.